Last week I fell behind on posts since I was in training for three days (Wednesday through Friday) and this week I am on-call at work.
I found a good combination for my WIP fruit and cream recipe, but I forgot to write down the exact measurements. If you want to try it, I think they are:
- 1/2 ripe banana (~7.5-8″ banana)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 – 1/3 frozen fruit (I used wild blueberries, but for strawberries, I would make it heaping)
- 1/2 tsp honey (or to taste)
- I put the banana in the food processor first and got it broken up. I scraped it off the sides and added the whipping cream. Then I added the fruit and added the honey. My husband thought the honey helped lessen the banana taste, so you may not need or want any!
- If it isn’t thick enough, add more frozen fruit.
- You can eat it as is or put it in the freezer and serve later. I haven’t had a chance to take mine out of the freezer yet.
Another update is that I have lost another pound, which may not seem like a lot, but for me it is when most other women gain weight when they are pregnant. Around this time with my last pregnancy, I started to gain back all the weight I had lost. In the end I gained 2lbs after everything was said and done, but this time I am determined to keep my weight down. One more pound until I reach my goal of getting back to 250!
I also have been experimenting with my blood sugars to see how different foods affect my blood sugar after meals. I can safely eat one gluten-free brownie (Betty Crocker mix), but two is too much! They are gone now, so no more temptation.
I am planning a review of Brown Cow Cream Top Yogurt. I had the individual fruit on the bottom cups last week for breakfast, one each day, and they were not only good, but also made me feel good. I also have been eating 1.5 – 2 servings of meat in the morning with my yogurt, which has probably been giving me a boost of energy in the morning.
I am also thinking about starting a non-food/diet blog for when I really want to address non-food/diet things.
All the news for now,